Courgette Challenge – Pt 2: Courgette Potato “Pizza”
This is our 2nd blog about how to use your wonderful courgettes!
This recipe is super simple and makes a nice light lunch or dinner. You can use any size courgette, though the smaller-medium ones hold their shape and crisp-up better. That said, I’ve used giant courgettes in this one before and the fact that they stay soft makes a nice contrast with the potatoes. In the end, it’s a matter of preference and what you’ve got to hand!
Breadless Courgette & Potato “Pizza”
– 3-4 medium potatoes or 2 large ones, scrubbed
– 1 medium to large courgette
– 8 – 12 olives (any kind you like)
– Ricotta or mozzerella cheese
– Herbs (dried or fresh) – I like thyme, but basil, parsley, oregano or marjoram also work
– salt & pepper
– cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Slice potatoes thinly, making little circlular discs & slice courgette in the same way
- Slice olives in half or quarters
- On a baking sheet, lay down some foil in a rectangular shape & brush with oil
- Layer on the potato slices, so they slightly overlap. Sprinkle or brush the potatoes with more oil + salt & pepper
- Layer courgettes on top of potatoes. Sprinkle or brush with more oil + salt & pepper
- Scatter the olive pieces and add spoonfuls of the ricotta or scatter with mozzarella
- Sprinkle the dried/chopped herbs
Heat on 200C for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.